- Which reference source would you use to find synonyms and antonyms?
- Which reference book has organized list of words with their synonyms and antonyms?
- What do you call a book of synonyms and related words?
- What reference source has antonyms?
- Is a reference book that contains words with?
- What is the synonyms and antonyms of book?
- What is book antonym?
- What is a specialized reference book?
- Is a book containing words and their meanings?
- What is the synonym of the book?
- What are the five major types of reference sources?
- What are specialized sources?
- What is a book that lists words in groups of synonyms and related concepts?
thesaurusA thesaurus is a book of words with their synonyms and antonyms.
thesaurusA thesaurus is a reference book (or a really cool website, like the Visual Thesaurus) with an organized list of words and their synonyms.
Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for BOOK OF SYNONYMS [thesaurus]
Thesauri contain synonyms and antonyms (opposites) but usually don’t define the words. There are also dialect and slang dictionaries, dictionaries of abbreviations and acronyms, dictionaries of quotations, and picture dictionaries.
dictionaryEnglish Language Learners Definition of dictionary : a reference book that contains words listed in alphabetical order and that gives information about the words’ meanings, forms, pronunciations, etc.
Synonyms & Antonyms of bookhardback,hardcover,paper,paperback,paperbound,pocket book,pocket edition,softback,
noun. ( ˈbʊk) A written work or composition that has been published (printed on pages bound together). Antonyms. trade edition text edition show fall short of unoriginal old unbound.
Specialized encyclopedias are reference books that provide factual information on almost any topic but focus on one field of study.
Dictionary: a book containing the words of a language alphabetically arranged, with their meanings etc.
nounvolume, tome, work, printed work, publication, title, opus, treatise.novel, storybook.manual, handbook, guide, companion, reference book.paperback, hardback, softback.historical yellowback.
The most familiar types are dictionaries, encyclopedias, almanacs, biographical sources, directories, atlases, and bibliographies.
Specialized sources are sources that contain information on a specific subject/topic area. This information tends to be more specialized and detailed. For example, GENERAL SOURCE. The World Book Encyclopedia contains information about multiple topics and gives general background information on each topic.
The thesaurus1A book or electronic resource that lists words in groups of synonyms and related concepts. ‘The thesaurus provides synonyms, antonyms and related words, and is accessed by just right-clicking on the word to be looked up, and selecting ‘Thesaurus’ from the menu. ‘