Due to the risk of food poisoning, raw shrimp are considered unsafe to eat. Shrimp is a nutritious and popular shellfish. However, eating them raw is not recommended, as it may increase your risk of food poisoning.
Shrimps are the most commonly used shellfish included in many recipes, and spoiled shellfish poisoning is one of the most common causes of food poisoning whose symptoms includes vomiting and diarrhea. That one bad shrimp can turn your stomach into a rebellion trying to get rid of the spoiled food.